Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called ‘cookies’ (see our cookies policy section for more information) and server logs to collect information about how our site is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our site, and the websites visited just before and just after our own, as well as your IP address.
This Policy sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- Writer’s Residence undertakes to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data.
Writer’s Residence follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files, log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected from log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. We may collect some or all of the following types of personal information about you that you provide to us when you use the Services:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, professional title and/or company name.
- Registration data, such as information that you submit when you complete an online registration form to access and use certain features of our Services.
- Communications that we exchange when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Marketing data, such as the email address or contact details that we use to send marketing communications to you, your marketing preferences, and information about your responses to our marketing communications.
Data from other sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Content partners, such as internet streaming platforms and networks with which Writer’s Residence has relationships, that provide us information about their streaming audiences' devices and viewing activity, which we use to help our advertisers deliver advertising that is more likely to be relevant to their viewers' interests.
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors.
- Publicly-available sources, such as social media platforms.
- Business partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors.
Data collected automatically. We, our service providers and third-party partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on the Services and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g., Apple's ID for Advertising or Google's Advertising ID), general location information (such as city or state), and precise geolocation (if you permit our Services to access it from your device settings).
- Online activity data, such as the website you visited before browsing to our website, pages or screens you viewed on the Services, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
Cookies. Some of our automatic data collection is facilitated by cookies and similar technologies. Cookies are small data files placed on your computer when you visit a site. We may set cookies when you use the Services to track user trends and patterns, help you navigate between pages efficiently, remember your preferences and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies used on the Services may also be set by analytics service providers and advertising partners. In addition to cookies, the Services and our emails may use pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) to compile statistics about use of the Services, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and indicate whether recipients of our emails open or click links within them.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Service delivery. We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Services;
- communicate with you about the Services, including by sending you announcements, updates, and support and administrative messages; and
- provide support for the Services, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information to administer surveys and other market research and for other research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services and our business. As part of these activities, we may create anonymous data (including aggregated and/or de-identified data) from personal information we collect. We convert personal information we collect into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services and promote our business.
Compliance and operations. We may use your personal information to:
- operate our business;
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others' rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
WE DO NOT SELL, RENT OR LEASE ITS CUSTOMER LISTS TO THIRD PARTIES.
Writer’s Residence may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Writer’s Residence, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Writer’s Residence will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Writer’s Residence or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Writer’s Residence; And, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our website, or the public.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
- Writer’s Residence needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Writer’s Residence permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in Writer’s Residence legitimate interests
- Writer’s Residence needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information, we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
You are entitled to the following rights under applicable laws:
- The right to access: you may at any time request to access your personal data. Upon request, we will provide a copy of your personal data in a commonly used electronic form.
- The right to rectification: you are entitled to obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data and to have incomplete personal data completed.
- The right to erase: under certain circumstances (including processing on the basis of your consent), you may request us to delete your User Data. Please note that this right is not unconditional. Therefore, an attempt to invoke the right might not lead to an action from us.
- The right to object: to certain processing activities conducted by the us in relation to your personal data, such as our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest. The right to object also applies to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to data portability: you are entitled to receive your personal data (or have your personal data directly transmitted to another data controller) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Our Advertising Partners
Information We Process Because We Have a Contractual Obligation With You
When you use our website, you agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
- Verify your identity for security purposes
- Provide you with our services
- Provide you with suggestions and advice on services and how to obtain the most from using our website.
Writer’s Residence may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable. Writer’s Residence shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. Writer’s Residence may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us (firstname.lastname@example.org) However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further
Retention Period For Personal Data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, Writer’s Residence keeps your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- To provide you with the services you have requested;
- To comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- To support a claim or defense in court.
Third-party Privacy Policies
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Writer’s Residence does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Opt-In, Opt-Out & Unsubscribe
We provide users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us by reading the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of any e-mail they receive from us at any time or email us.
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from Writer’s Residence by contacting us here:
Web page: http://www.writersresidence.com
Intellectual Property Rights
All copyrights, trademarks, patents and other intellectual property rights in and on our website and all content and software located on the site shall remain the sole property of Writer’s Residence or its licensors. The use of our trademarks, content and intellectual property is forbidden without the express written consent from us.
You must not:
- Republish material from our website without prior written consent.
- Sell or rent material from our website.
- Reproduce, duplicate, create derivative, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for any purpose.
- Redistribute any content from our website, including onto another website.
You agree to use our website only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the website. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any other user within our website. You must not use our website to send unsolicited commercial communications. You must not use the content on our website for any marketing related purpose without our express written consent.
Third Party Analytics
We use automated devices and applications, to evaluate usage of our Site and, to the extent permitted, our Services. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Services. We use these tools to help us improve our Services, performance and user experiences. These entities may use tracking technologies to perform their services.
Verification of Your Information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information, we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
Encryption of Data Sent Between Us
Our website use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
How You Can Complain
Writer’s Residence may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We solely advise you to print a copy for your records.
- To track how you use our website
- To record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
- To keep you signed in our site
- To record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
- To record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s computer hard drive for record keeping purposes. Cookies make using our Site easier by, among other things, saving your passwords and preferences for you. These cookies are restricted for use only on our Site, and do not transfer any personal information to any other party.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can, however, reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. Please consult the technical information relevant to your browser for instructions. If you choose to disable your cookies setting or refuse to accept a cookie, some parts of the Site may not function properly or may be considerably slower.
Personal Identifiers From Your Browsing Activity
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Writer’s Residence. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the http://www.writersresidence.com website.
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
Our website record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
Writer’s Residence uses this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
Use of Re-marketing
Re-marketing involves placing a cookie on your computer when you browse our website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our services when you visit some other website.
If you would like to: access, correct, register a complaint, or simply want more information please contact us directly Via: